Davey Derby Rules
This event is held to honor the memory of a good man
and to raise money for charity.
Please remember this and have a great time.
- All entrants must have a valid BC fishing license.
- All entrants to any category must have purchased a Davey Derby ticket.
- One rod per ticket. Sticker must be on boat at all times and in clear view. eg; Two stickers = 2 rods. All stickers must be displayed together on one area of your boat. Failure to have the proper amount of stickers will result in disqualification from the derby.
- All Davey Derby officials and sponsors are eligible for fishing prizes, draw prizes and any other awards once they have bought their tickets.
- Boundaries for salmon are from Bonilla point to Sombrio point and running one mile out from shore.
- Salmon caught at Swiftsure are ineligible. Halibut from Swiftsure are eligible.
- All fish must be weighed in the same day they are caught.
- No Coho are eligible. CHINOOK ONLY.
- No fish under 5 pounds are eligible.
- Weigh in your largest fish only. If you catch a larger fish you are then able to weigh that one in and replace your previous entry.
- When you weigh in please have your entry ticket and your fishing license with your recorded catch on it. Without these two items you will not be able to enter your catch.
- Weigh in times for Friday, July 26th and Saturday, July 27th are from 0600 until 1800. - Sunday, July 28th weigh in times are 0600 until 1200. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Official weigh in times will be the timepiece used by the official weigh person.
- When the officials announce the closing of the scales each day, only those that are already in the lineup to get their fish weighed will be entered. An official will take note of who is in the lineup to be sure that they get their catch registered.
- The Davey Derby representatives reserve the right to refuse anyone admittance or participation to anyone, if deemed necessary, by at least two derby officials.
- The Davey Derby and all its sponsors accept no responsibility for loss or injury during the derby or at the awards ceremony.
Daily raffles will be held so bring your toonies and loonies for a chance at winning some more great prizes!!!!
First three picks from the table go to the largest salmon caught, then a special pre -selected fourth prize goes to largest halibut and picks 5 thru 10 go the next largest salmon. After the top ten prizes have been awarded from the prize table, the rest will be handed out using a draw system. You must be there with your ticket or have someone there for you with your ticket to represent you in order to collect a prize if your name is drawn.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND THANKS FOR SUPPORTING OUR CAUSE!!
FRIDAY, JULY 26th
- Davey Derby starts and weigh in is open from 0600hrs to 1800hrs
SATURDAY, JULY 27th
- Weigh in open from 0600hrs to 1800hrs.
SUNDAY, July 28th
- Weigh in open 0600hrs to 1200hrs - No Exceptions
- 1330hrs Awards ceremony begins
~ Derby Co-ordinator - Audie Williams
~ Telephone: 250-416-1275